App Store game just keeps Installing and never finishes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moviecouple, Jul 27, 2008.

1. moviecouple macrumors regular

I bought Diamond Twister from the App Store from my iPhone. It downloaded and then began to Install. Now the blue bar just keeps repeating and it never installs. Any ideas of what I can do to get it to finish?

2. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

I recommend to install from iTunes instead. It seems quite buggy to download and install directly from your iPhone, and takes a long while. Just leave the phone alone and eventually it will be finished.

3. moviecouple thread starter macrumors regular

It just keeps repeating and repeating "Installing". The blue line finishes and then starts all over again. I let it go for 30 minutes and still nothing. I also can't delete it because to X shows up when I try.

4. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Leave it running overnight, it'll be done eventually...

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

In my experience, the only way to "fix" this is by doing a restore. If the OP tries to reboot, the iPhone will hang at the Apple logo. So, the only way to restore is to hold home+lock until the phone powers off, then hold home as you plug the iPhone into the PC. Continue to hold the home button until the iPhone enters restore mode.

I've done this 24 times now. That's right - twenty-four restores since July 11th. :rolleyes:

6. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Totally agree. Every app i've downloaded via wifi has just been buggy as hell. Crashed the phone a few times and took 10 minutes or more to 'install'.