App store icon?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bazookafx3, Mar 7, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

Hey could anyone here take the pic of the suposed new app store icon and turn it into an actual ipod touch icon? i was going to replace it with the installer.app icon just for kicks. Please?

2. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

okay nevermind i got it, it looks pretty nice, tell me if you want it, i can email it.

Now i wonder how many people i can fool......

3. jman2003 macrumors member

ooo i want it! only one problem...what is it? nvm just email it 2 me (jonahman2003@yahoo.com)

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Be warned. Posting email addresses on forums is just begging for SPAM. Try:

jonahman2000 at yahoo . com

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Just felt it would be easier to post it... Unless this is illegal? If so, please excuse my ignorance, and take it down immediatly :p

[​IMG]

6. matthewroth macrumors member

Just a friendly note

just a friendly note, DONT CHANGE THE NAME OF INSTALLER!

i tried this and broke installer... you live you learn

7. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Here you all go i decided to just post it. Lett me know what you think. Btw i havent added the shaddow effect yet so it looks out of place in the dock but great elsewhere. Hope you enjoy!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/99018114/icon_1_.PNG.html

To add it SSH or mobile finder into your installer.app folder and replace the icon.png file with this icon.pgn file.

8. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Thanks... almost changed it...:eek:

Thanks donaldj for the icon...

9. jman2003 macrumors member

dont worry, i have 6 email addresses. That is the one I give to people I dont know.

10. applegenius macrumors newbie

I have everything you need.

Hey Guys. I have 2.0 beta. Here are the icons for the App Store, iTunes Store, and Calculator, and I also threw in a system versions plist. Now to get this to work you have to 1) SSH into your iPhone or iPod touch, 2) put the icons in their respective app folders in /Applications, 3) after they are all in the right folders, change the names of the files, take off everything before icon.png, ex: If you have App Store.png, put it in Installer or whatever, and after the icon file is in, change the name to icon.png, oveerwrite the older icon, or before changing the new icon's name, name the one that you have with, icon.png.old,
    No for the plist file I gave you guys, dump that in /system/library/core services, don't go into springboard or any other folder after you click core services, you should see thee older plist, overwrite it with the plist that I gave you, now fool your friends into thinking you have 2.0 beta! I would give you guys the apps, but they don't work on 1.1.4 or 1.1.3, those previous versions don't have thew right frameworks! :) Enjoy!

Attached Files:

11. LukeHarrison macrumors regular

LukeHarrison

Very nice, just used those icons with my iPhone. Didn't bother with the .plist though, I'm not too fussed with it staying on 1.1.4, and plus, with it being for an iPod Touch, I didn't want to mess anything up on my phone. :p

Still, good job with the icons though, looks really nice!

12. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

add this source to your installer sources... there is an icon upgrade plus TTR theme, drummer synths and much more

dezign999.com/repo

13. applegenius macrumors newbie

Keep an eye out

Thanks! Don't worry about the .plist ruining your iPhone. I also have an iPhone as well as an iPod touch. Both devices use the same systemversions.plist file. It took me quite a while to make them. I hope that they are exactly like the real thing. Everybody keep a look out on your installer, look in the LEI source soon, (Limitededitioniphone.com) we are putting these icons and the plist and a few other cool 2.0 things as well. Expect something by the end of March or the beginnings of April!

14. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

15. applegenius macrumors newbie

Your Welcome

Good to hear! Please visit http://www.limitededitoniphone.com! You can find articles that I made and the latest news. Check out the site,you wo't regrett it! :) Also add this source to your installers!

http://limitededitioniphone.com/lei.xml

We update both the source and the web site regularly so visit often and refresh your sources often! :)

16. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Cool, I have the LimitedEditioniPhone source already, and have your Guitar Hero III mod for TTR on my iPod Touch, pretty cool!

17. delude macrumors 6502

Are you sure you're on 2.0 beta and didn't just download the 2.0 icons pack from Installer? lol

18. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

19. applegenius macrumors newbie

Your Close

Cool, but technically it's not my guitar hero theme. My friend made it.

20. applegenius macrumors newbie

Huh?

Whoa Whoa Whoa! These icons are already on installer? WTF? IDK, I made these a few days ago. It took a while. My friend "Chow" should have put them on the source by now, so IDK. Dude, I was kidding about the 2.0 beta thing. Hence the smily face. I edited the .plist myself and I made these beastly icons. I am really proud to have made them! :apple::cool: Anyways, what do you guys think? Are they exactly like 2.0's?

21. applegenius macrumors newbie

Cool

Sweet. Thanks for putting them on your iPhone/iPod touch! I appreciate it!

22. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

And thanks for making them :)

23. applegenius macrumors newbie

UR Welcome

Your welcome.:)

24. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

That's funny.. works fine for me. Instead of changing the Indentifier, add a string UIRoleDisplayName and then put in your app store name there. Works like a charm, and thanks! :p