app store icons

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by almostaskater62, Aug 2, 2008.

1. almostaskater62 macrumors regular

is there anywhere with a list of all the app store icons (rounded corners)? i need to a procure a few

thanks!

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

http://appstorefeed.com/upcoming

3. The General macrumors 601

That one just has this image over all the icons to give the illusion that it icon images have rounded corners, but really they are whatever the iTunes store image has:

[​IMG]

4. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

they're not in iphone size/format either...
    thanks though

5. The General macrumors 601

Anyway, download the application you want the icon for, find the *.ipa file for it, copy it to the Desktop and rename it to *.zip, extract it. Find the application that you extracted, it will probably be in a folder there. Right click on it and hit "Show package contents" ... then find the icon.png.

Now you'll need to use a tool like this iPhone png fixer to fix it and make it a useable PNG:

http://www.cyberhq.nl/2007/07/05/iphone-png-fixer-upper.html

Once you do that, you can edit them in Photoshop or do whatever. You won't be able to change the icon of the application on your phone, but you will have the icons like you requested.

EDIT: You're going to hate life. I just realized that the apps have square icons and the iPhone must round the corners for automatically. I did what I said for the Twinkle icon and this is what I get:

[​IMG]

You'll need to fixpng and flipchannels them. Lemme check something, Super Monkey Ball has a funky icon, I wanna see what's up with that. Hmm...

[​IMG]

Checking AIM...

[​IMG]

Okay they apparently don't all do the same thing Twinkle does. That's very weird. Anyway, if you just post a list of the icons you want I'll just PM you a zip file if I have all the programs and if you can't figure this out on your own.

6. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

i need the icons for .app apps, so apps with changeable icons, not .ipa/itunes apps

7. The General macrumors 601

Oh. :D Check your PMs. ;)

8. The General macrumors 601

Based on your PM I think you may be a bit confused.

*.ipa = package that contains an *.app

Any AppStore application will be *.ipa in your Mobile Applications folder.

9. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

no I get the difference between ipa and app. What I'm saying is that I did not install these using ipa files through iTunes, I had the app and Ssh'd them in.

10. The General macrumors 601

Pirate copies? :D

11. Dav 1 macrumors newbie