App Store in iPhone still asks for old Apple ID after updating in Settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mccokers, Jun 30, 2011.

1. mccokers macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

I need your help. I created a new apple ID on my iTunes. Then went to Settings, then Store to update my new Apple ID on my iPhone 4. Successful. Now when I open my App Store to download some new apps, it was still showing my old iTunes ID, even when Im downloading new apps.

Please help. Tried as well resetting all my Settings on the phone. It was still using the old iTunes ID.

2. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

To Remove AppID form AppStore:

Go to AppStore > Featured > Scroll to bottom > Tap the account button > Sign Out and Sign back in with a different account.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sign out on your phone and then sign in to the new ID.

4. derm318 macrumors newbie

I have also changed my apple id but when I go to update old apps downloaded under my old apple id, it will not let me use my new one. I no longer know the password associated with my old apple id. Is there any way to get the update without having to purchase the app again?

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That's because you bought the apps using the other ID. You'll need to log in with the old ID. Try iForgot to recover your password.

6. lisamarie7269 macrumors newbie

i bought this phone off someone and have the same problem but I dont have accsess to their id password as they are still using it in their new iphone what whill i have to do so i can update the apps already on the phone

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

You cannot. You either need their password or you need to delete the app and download it with your ID