App Store Irritations

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Smoothness, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Smoothness macrumors regular

Does the app store really have to take my back to my home screen to show the file being downloaded every time i download the app? Is that necessary?

Apple i take your word for it that when i click download, that the file is actually downloading to the ipad homescreen. You don't need to show me it each time.

Wish i can turn it off.

2. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

SERIOUSLY!!!!

I know what I'm downloading I CLICK IT!

Also, I hate how it resets the pages/whatever apps you see and have to start over.

This sucks becasue the "more apps" button blows. They should have real pages
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc

and let you go to each page

3. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I agree they really need to update that across all platforms. They need to add a downloads tab at the bottom to the right of updates that say "downloads" and shows a red dumber with how every many you have open that are downloading. I would think that would be super simple to add, plus it would allow more downloads = more $$$ for them because people wouldn't be interrupted from their app shopping.

4. gquiring, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011

gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

The app store is disappointing on the iPad. It still uses arrow buttons and more buttons instead of swipe gestures to see more apps. Plus if your several pages in looking at apps and you exit the app your looking at, in many cases it returns you to the first page. Now you have to scroll down, press the more button several times before you get back to where you are. If you use the filters it resets them also (not all the time) when you backout after looking at an app. I was looking at pages of calculator apps last week and it drove me nuts each time it lost my place and reset the filter.

When you use apps like Flipboard or even the new Bing from Microsoft they do a much better job with the touchscreen interface with gestures.

Another issue if select by category there are no other filter options.

5. Smoothness thread starter macrumors regular

Another,

I don't understand why they put games in categories such as Sports, Racing, Sim,etc but you yourself can't use those categories. I want to look for action games, not go through all 800 games.

EVerything about the appstore is tedious.