App Store Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gamer9430, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Apr 22, 2014 4:44 PM
    Hi. I saw that apple was letting anyone try out pre-releases of OS X Mavericks updates. I took the offer and downloaded the enabler. Upon opening the app store to get to the beta, I was given this error "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “swscan.apple.com” which could put your confidential information at risk.". I've never had this happen before and have not modified anything in the app store besides the enabler. I have tried downloading a new app and wasn't given any error. I've searched google for anything similar and nothing. I do have a time machine backup, but I would have no idea how to restore and really don't want to. If someone could please help me fix this error, that would be great!

Also, this was originally posted by me on Apple Support Communities, but I felt like I needed another location to get some help. This is my first post on MacForums so go easy on me.

2. Gamer9430 thread starter macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

I FIXED IT!!! My Avast AntiVirus was blocking the server from checking for updates.