App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music issues after 9.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinkoos, Oct 23, 2015.

1. pinkoos macrumors regular

I have a 6s that had no issues prior to 9.1.

Now, I'm having sign in problems with the App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Music. I try to sign in (I signed out b/c of issues I was having after the 9.1 update) and, most times, the sign in screen just sits there and does nothing. Sometimes the spinning circle is present in the status bar, but the sign in does not occur. I don't even get an error message. Nothing happens except for the screen just sitting there doing nothing.

The issues started originally when I was trying to buy an app yesterday and was having problems downloading it. That's when I decided to try signing out and then signing back in.

I've tried rebooting the iPhone and resetting network settings. A couple of times, one or the other allowed me to sign back in, but I was still having issues with the App Store and Apple Music. In the App Store, it would show me that I had no purchases, it wouldn't show my other family members in the Purchased tab and it would show cloud icons (instead of the Open button) in the Update section for all my apps, even though they were installed on my iPhone. Somehow the app I was trying to buy yesterday finally was able to be downloaded onto the iPhone, but all the issues still remain.

When Apple Music allows me to sign in, it doesn't recognize that I'm part of a family plan (it asks if I want to upgrade to a family plan) and it doesn't load my playlists (the Playlist screen just says "Mix it Up" or something like that). The My Music tab doesn't show any of my music (I've verified that I have iCloud Music Library on in the Settings) even though I have iTunes Match as well.

The one thing I haven't tried yet is a backup, wipe and restore. I'm trying to avoid that if possible. I may even consider downgrading back to 9.0.2 if possible.

2. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

Also, it seems that Apple Music won't play any music at all too.