App Store/iTunes update issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R-men, Jul 3, 2013.

1. R-men macrumors newbie

I have noticed a quite strange pattern with my software updates: Over the past several months iTunes keeps reminding me that there is a newer version of iTunes available and when I click the button to update it, App Store loads, but under Updates section I find nothing to update. I have also noticed it with other system updates when I read there is a new security or other updates of the system, but my App Store can't find anything. I saw on the forum that there is a Security Update available today, but again, my App Store can't find anything.

Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my App Store or iTunes? Is there a way to fix it?

To complete the picture: I am using mid 2012 MBP with i5 processor with 4GB RAM, ML. iTunes version: 11.0.2 (26), App Store version: 11.2.2. I am using the Italian version of iTunes/App Store.

2. tratclif macrumors newbie

I've seen that behavior on my machines. I normally use a Standard User account, where updates will not show up for days. If I log into my Administrator account, though it sees the updates. This a new bug/behavior with Mountain Lion.

3. R-men thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the response. i did sign in with administrator account and the 3 months' worth updates suddenly showed up. I hope some time in future Apple will deal with this bug as well.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Try this "hint" from Max OS X Hints.

What isn't clear if it's a one time thing you need to do or if you need to do this whenever you want to check for updates.

5. R-men thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried this "hint" and it found another update that I have missed. I guess the process needs to be repeated every time, it does not fix the problem once and forever.

Thanks for responding.