App Store Keeps Showing Update for Reeder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by El3ctronics, Jul 22, 2011.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I have Reeder installed on my new MBA 2011 with Lion. I installed Reeder using the App Store and it installed version 1.1 which works great. However, every time I open the App Store, it shows that there is an update for Reeder but shows the update as 1.0. Even if I go ahead with the update, the next time I open the App Store it shows the update again! Does anybody else have this problem and anyone know of a way to fix it? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didn't work. Thanks.

2. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Nobody else uses Reeder with Lion that can check to see if they have the same issue?

3. alexandero macrumors regular

I have the exact opposite problem: for about 12 hours the "available updates" tab (whatever it's called in english) didn't load at all, and now it's constantly showing me zero available updates. I doubt that's correct, as it's not likely that not a single app I've installed has an update. Shouldn't at least some of them have updates supporting versioning, autosave, full screen, auto-termination etc?

As a sidenote, it's frustrating that reederapp.com does not have any support/discussion forums, and emails to mac@reeder.ch usually end up unreplied.

4. freyes01 macrumors newbie

freyes01

I have the same issue with Reeder and RapidWeaver. (Lion + Reeder 1.1)

5. alexandero macrumors regular

In the App Store, if you search for Reeder which version does it list as available? I'm still seeing 1.0 and a possible explanation is that 1.1 was available for a brief time (exactly when you installed it) but later was removed, therefor now listing 1.0 as the latest version. And as you don't have 1.0, it's being displayed as update.

6. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

When I search for it I see 1.0 but I also tried uninstalling it and re-installing it so why didn't that fix the issue?

7. cookie053177 macrumors newbie

cookie053177