App store keeps telling me I have a bunch of updates...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duelingdragons, Mar 4, 2009.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

When I don't.

If I refresh the "Updates" tab, it'll go away, but its kind of annoying.

I sync my phone at least once a day so I know that's not the issue. Any ideas?

(in before I get flamed for not searching)

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Have you bought applications using a different account that the one that your are currently signed into the store with? If so you need to sign out then sign in with the different id, then update.

3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

This has happened to me. Try syncing then while the iPhone is still plugged into iTunes go to the app store application (on the iPhone) and check for updates. That seems to sync my app store and iTunes.

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Same. That fixed my issue on the app called AroundMe, it won't change icons if you update it using your iPhone Appstore, but it seems syncing the update via iTunes fixed it.

5. FlintAlt2 macrumors regular

I was about to open a thread for this exact reason.

Updates are screwing all over the place. If I update them on my iPhone and I sync iTunes sometimes tells me that there are new updates ... so I re download and install the same updates.

Sometimes if I update my apps via iTunes then sync it to the iPhone the App Store on the iPhone will tell me there are updates, the exact ones I just updated before.

Most of the time if you click on them they state "Installed"

If you click again on the Updates part of the App Store app it seems to cycle through 3 stages; latest updates installed, updates before that installed and current state of apps ( ie if all the updates are installed it says its up to date ).

Im either thinking this is some kind of logging thing or a MAJOR bug?

Hope my findings help you guys as I am puzzled too.

P.s. please try to cycle the updates on the App Store app see if its the same for you!

6. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

All of these apps have been with one account, and one computer.

7. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp