App Store keeps trying to update iMovie

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by SVTmaniac, Jan 31, 2014.

1. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

Having an issue on my new 13" rMBP. I updated iMovie to 10.0.2 two days ago. It installed and it shows up under my "recently installed" apps. iMovie is in fact 10.2 as I opened it and checked it. Now the App Store wants to update iMovie again to 10.0.2. Thinking something didn't work right I let it update again and once more it's telling me it needs an update. I'm on a pretty slow DSL connection at my house so this is pretty annoying to have to constantly update an app over and over. What can I do to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Not a solution, but you can use this workaround : on the iMovie update, right click / "Hide Update".

3. SVTmaniac thread starter macrumors 6502

You sure? Right clicking on the update doesn't do anything for me. I only have the option to update pause or cancel.

4. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

I assume it's because you started downloading the update ?

Otherwise, right click / Hide Update should work (works for me, I hid some updates).

http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/27/hide-software-updates-mac-app-store-os-x/

Mmmm it says : "This works to hide system software updates only, not app updates:" so maybe won't work for iMovie.

(I use it to hide RAW support updates, etc…)

5. VanillaCrackerC macrumors newbie

Try to rebuild Spotlight cache

Code:
    sudo mdutil -E
    And also make sure that you don’t have any older version of iMovie in Application folder

6. SVTmaniac thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried to rebuild spotlight to no avail. There was an older version of iMovie in the applications folder which I removed but it's still showing an update even after a few restarts and opening the app store and having it look for updates. It's just annoying to have the red update icon in the dock all the time.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

The App Store will try to update any copy of an application it finds on any disk attached to the computer. Is there another copy of iMovie elsewhere on the computer?

8. SVTmaniac thread starter macrumors 6502

No there is not. It's baffling me now.