Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I haven't browsed the App Store in a while, but what happened to a section for listing all new releases? It seems that the only apps I can download now are Apple recommended apps.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
On my computer I have "New and Noteworthy" just below the large banner area on the front page of the App Store.

On my phone, the "Featured" tab has a section called "New"... but I'm running iOS 5.1. Has it disappeared in 6?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
On my computer I have "New and Noteworthy" just below the large banner area on the front page of the App Store.

On my phone, the "Featured" tab has a section called "New"... but I'm running iOS 5.1. Has it disappeared in 6?

You used to be able to see all the new releases (not new and noteworthy, actually new apps as they were being approved and going live) in each section of the app store on the iOS version of the store. But that has since gone.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
that's terrible. so either I have to develop a really really really really gorgeous app, or spend some $$$ in marketing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.