app store login required upon opening every time now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hefeglass, Jun 28, 2009.

1. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

i have noticed that the last few days...when i open up the appstore on my iphone, it asks for my password right away..it doesnt wait until i want to purchase or download something.

has anyone else noticed this? if there are threads about this, sorry...i didnt see anything.

I want to get it back to how it used to be, if its at all possible..anyone have this problem?

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Type in your password and see what is does, maybe after you type it in it will quit. Also look under your settings and see if anyone's messed with your store preferences.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Is your iTunes account correctly setup on the iPhone?

4. rubdom macrumors member

Mine is doing this too. No settings have changed. This just started randomly one day. It is annoying. I should only have to supply my password if I try to buy something or update something. Reboots do not help.

5. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I had this happen one day after a download couldn't be done at the time but would be done the next time I connect to sync.

It corrected itself after that.

6. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

This happens to me too even sometiems when I am not in the app store.

ChrisN

7. TerribleTuesday macrumors newbie

Everytime it asks me to type in my password, it tells me it was incorrect. It's the right password because when I use it in iTunes on my computer it works, it just won't work on the phone even though I have my account set up on it :-(

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Did you set up your iTunes with an AOL email address?? I read a thread a couple days ago with quite a few people that were having this same issue.

9. TerribleTuesday macrumors newbie

Yes! Maybe that's the problem then. However when I tried to create an apple account with my card it says my security code is incorrect when it's clearly not.