App store mavericks status shows download after install

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by resting, Oct 26, 2013.

1. resting macrumors member

Anyone noticed the Mavericks status in App store still shows Download after installing?

Have verified my local machine is on 10.9.

Its not affecting anything, but just that little bit of me wondering if something went wrong with the installation or what.

2. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

The download button is for the installer. During the upgrade the installer gets deleted.

3. JeffHew macrumors newbie

I have a minor issue after my upgrade to Mavericks, and when I noticed that it said download in the App Store, I wondered the same thing. Curious. :)

4. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

If you installed mavericks directly from the installer, then after it completed it would have deleted itself. That is why the mac app store is saying download. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.

5. vfx2335 macrumors newbie

On my current-generation rMBP that has Mavericks preinstalled, Mavericks also shows up as "Download" in the Mac App Store. Is it safe to ignore? Sounds like it's the same issue as above - the "Download" is for downloading the installer?

6. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

Excactly.

The download button is displayed if the installer is not present in the Applications folder.

7. vfx2335 macrumors newbie

So I can safely ignore the "Download" button?

8. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

Safely? Sure, I don't think it poses a danger of any kind.

If the button distracts you, push it to download the Mavericks installer, and leave it in your Applications folder. It will take ~5.3GB of disk space, but the button will change from 'Download' to 'Downloaded'. This only works to change the button in the 'Purchases' tab though, and not in the Mavericks store page. If you visit the store page often, you are just going to have to come in terms with the 'Download' button.

Oh, and don't ever run or remove the installer, as doing so will make the 'Download' button reappear.