App Store Needs a Divide

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Dwalls90, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Does anyone notice an issue with the top 48 apps right now?

[​IMG]

Between 75-80% are games!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy iOS games here and there, but am I the only one that thinks we need a non-games top apps chart? Or a split, one for games, and one that excludes games?

Yes, I know you can filter by app category, but my gosh, games are so monstrous that they dominate many of the overall top charts it's overwhelming for those that want useful apps that are not solely for leisure.

2. AMC89 macrumors member

For me categories work just fine. I guess it would be nice if you could exclude certain categories that do not interest you.
    Not really an issue for me

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I just use categories too. I feel the same way too though.

4. Chataupiano macrumors newbie

Shows a lot what people are using their iPhones for

5. jstnlzr macrumors regular

jstnlzr

I agree with above, categories work just fine, but perhaps they could leave games out, gets annoying.

6. maxosx macrumors 68020

That's right.

Apple's done a brilliant job of selling smartphones to people who don't need them, or use them as a smartphone very often. Lot's of older people that buy what their kids have, or to feel young and informed.

It's the same demographic that's retired, yet walk around "looking important" with a blue tooth receiver in their ear.

Most of the time users both very young and old, are more interested in the camera, playing games and having it all in one phone.

Therefore Apple has rightly placed games at the top of the priority list.

Just like all the fart apps that appeal to the kids. Only that demographic gets excited and amused by the sound of their phone farting. They also brag about how many Apps Apple has, it's quite funny really.