App Store No Search?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kurolap, Jul 13, 2014.

1. kurolap macrumors member

Jun 26, 2014
    Just had to restore my phone cuz my sim card for some reason broke, lost a bunch of data, had no backups but here's the actual question:

When I open APP STORE, there is no SEARCH, there's a button for it but nowhere to actually search it just says trending searches and suggestions but I CANNOT search.

Now maybe I'm in the original Beta? I have no idea.... It says version 8.0 and when I search for update it says it's up to date?

2. ps3zocker macrumors regular

May 3, 2012
    Try waiting for the "Highlights" tab to be finished loading. And then tap the search tab. It was an issue in beta 1.

Unfortunately you can't update from beta 1 to beta 3 directly from your device. You have to download beta 3 from the Dev Center and install it via iTunes.
  3. blindside217 macrumors regular

Mar 16, 2012
    I have had intermittent problems with the search page showing the same as the Featured page. I just quit the App Store from the Multitasking switcher and then launched it again and it was fine.
  4. kurolap thread starter macrumors member

Jun 26, 2014
    Thanks! I find that site super confusing, can u send me a direct link for the download?
  5. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2012
    I can't even get it to search. It just crashes for me
  6. DaSamAy macrumors newbie

Jun 9, 2014
    I have been doing the same.... Wait for the Featured Tab to fully load, then switch to the Search Tab.