App store...no trial period???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PNGento, Aug 2, 2011.

1. PNGento, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

PNGento macrumors member

Am I missing something? It doesn't appear that any of the apps available from App Store offer a trial period. Is that correct, or have I just not searched/looked for an app that does offer a trial period.

This seems to me to be counterproductive. I see a number of apps I might be interested in, but am not willing to spring for the money without having a trial period.

Specifically, I was looking at iBank...don't see a trial period offered, but am looking for something to take over for my Quicken.

TIA.

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

The Mac App Store does not have trial versions. However, you can often find trial versions on the developer's website.

4. PNGento thread starter macrumors member

I just returned from the developer's website...and they do offer a trial period...and, a 90 satisfaction guarantee. Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I then have to wonder why the App Store doesn't make this obvious...had I bought from the App Store rather than from the developer, I'd have been SOL if I decided it wasn't for me.

5. craigsharp macrumors regular

Hmm... Kind of like if you were to go to a big box retailer and buy some software... If you don't like it you're SOL... I know you don't get physical media, but it still is basically the same...

6. satty macrumors 6502

Looks like your question is answered, but here's another recommendation...
    I had a look through iBank and similar programs in the AppStore, but ended up - after weeks of trials - with a program not in the AppStore:
    SEE Finance.