App Store not Downloading Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by qkx5, Sep 19, 2014.

1. qkx5 macrumors newbie

Anyone else having this issue or know any troubleshooting tips?

When I click FREE to download an application, INSTALL pops up, I click INSTALL and it changes to the blue spinning circle. Within seconds it goes back to FREE and the app did not download. This is happening with all apps.

Steps I've Tried:
    -Reboot
    -Sign Out and Back In
    -Update Payment Information
    -Tried WiFi vs Cellular
    -Reset Network Settings

This is on an iPhone 6.

2. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

Having the same problem. I'm also unable to update existing apps. Hopefully this glitch will be Addressed soon.

3. SLphone macrumors newbie

4. compg318 macrumors regular

After not being able to download apps all morning on my new iP6, I just tried again and it seems to be working (just slowly). Probably the servers are getting hammered with everyone getting their new phones.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This has been happening a bunch. I think its due to Apple going with its own CDN, which sucks btw.

6. bigpatky, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

I can't login to the itunes store. icloud login worked (same ID/password) but store just says "cannot login to store". I put in a different password thinking maybe I just messed it up but then it tells me that I have the wrong password. I guess I'll just wait.

EDIT: 20 minutes later I'm in.

7. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Having the exact same issue across all devices. Mac App Store produces this error: STATUS_CODE_ERROR (1).

Interestingly, my two other Apple IDs work just fine. I have a feeling I'm stuck in an infinite loop as I was never asked to accept T&Cs and I don't know how to trigger them.

8. clihar macrumors newbie

Same issue for me too! Chatted with Apple support and she mention they are having the same issue as well. Hopefully this is fixed soon so I can download apps to my new phone.

9. Lopes macrumors 6502

This issue seems to have my iCloud restore stuck in limbo. Nothing's downloading.

The ONE FREAKING TIME I decide to "trust the cloud" instead of doing a restore from iTunes on my mac the old fashioned way with a cord and wire, and it ***** the bed...

10. eltacomputers macrumors newbie

Apps Store Down

Anyone know is Apps Store is down, I receive STATUS_CODE_ERROR,

SOS

Attached Files:

11. jaskiratsgill macrumors newbie

'Exact same' problem for me too... wonder whats up? Cant find anything online about this issue either.

12. patseguin macrumors 68000

patseguin

I was about to post the same thing. Looks like there is a problem with the app store.

13. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I should have bought that app I was eyeing yesterday, yesterday instead of waiting until today. :eek:

Hopefully everything's OK and we're be up and going soon.