app store not full screen??

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by redgaz26, Jul 21, 2011.

1. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

have apple forgot to make the app store full screen? kinda strange, is there any terminal commands to make it full screen?

2. lhayati macrumors newbie

The app store is not the only thing that can't go into full screen. The majority of the apps don't actually go full screen. Apple only added full screen to applications that would benefit from it.

Who would use the App Store in full screen anyway?

3. littlesmegger macrumors newbie

Even though I personally can't do it [early 2008 MacBook model], my use for full screen apps would be to switch between them via gestures. So a full screen App Store could be flicked to from iTunes and iPhoto easily.

4. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

Exactly this. I've grown to quite like the new Spaces now – flicking between iTunes/Pages/Safari is great, and it would make sense to have the same functionality across all apps.

As an aside: Does anyone know of a way to force apps to launch in full-screen?

5. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26

I can flick through all apps with 3 fingers including the app store which is not full screen, or are you talking about another gesture????

6. rick30324 macrumors newbie

That wasn’t the question.

7. ianonline macrumors newbie

I have a 2007 Macbook Pro, no multitouch for me yet, but I still love full screen apps. I use hot corners to bring up mission control and look at the progress of updates without going to the app.

8. ivnj macrumors 65816

When I click app store its not full screen. Even with the green + circle top left. But it lets me stretch the window all the way to the right.

9. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Gestures and full screen functions for the app store are added in ML. ;)