App Store not updating Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by brosenz, Jun 16, 2016.

1. brosenz macrumors regular

brosenz

When I try to update an app via the App Store it will go through the update process and it will complete successfully and the app will move down to the Updated section, but then if I refresh the app store or close it and open again, the recently updated app will show up in the Available Updates section again, I've tried this with multiple apps, restarting the phone, etc, always the same, the problems is the same on my iPhone 6S Plus and the iPad Pro 12.9 both of them running the beta 1, is this a know issue? is there a workaround? I cannot update my apps, thanks

2. krishmk macrumors regular

I am seeing that happen a lot. But after installing 3 times, they go away.. strange...

3. brosenz, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

brosenz thread starter macrumors regular

brosenz

Thanks, what do you mean installing 3 times, iOS or the App? installing meaning doing the update 3 times on the app or deleting the app and installing it again 3 times? Please could you clarify, thanks a lot

4. krishmk macrumors regular

Once you install the app, App store says it is all updated. Later when you come back to app store and look for any updates, the app is back with update needed. This cycle repeated three times and then that app wont show up in the update list... weird..

5. brosenz thread starter macrumors regular

brosenz

Thanks, I've tried that, and even after 10 times I still have the problem

6. ynn_foxman macrumors newbie

ynn_foxman

I have the same issue there's no work arrounds.

7. brosenz thread starter macrumors regular

brosenz

Well, actually there is one, a bad one, delete the app and install it again.......

8. Bigpearl macrumors member

9. brosenz thread starter macrumors regular

brosenz

Thanks, same thing.......this is really a bug

10. ynn_foxman macrumors newbie

ynn_foxman

I did so but it doesn't work. after click on install nothing happened

11. brosenz thread starter macrumors regular

brosenz

I was having issues with iTranslate, Google Maps, etc, and deleted all of them and installed from scratch it worked fine.

12. ynn_foxman macrumors newbie

ynn_foxman

I have the same issue with the same applications :D However, I installed them through iTunes and it's installed but doesn't work on the iPhone :(

13. Bigpearl macrumors member

Try this close out App Store when u come back they should all say update,start one app update then hit update all that one app should update after a minute or so .as soon as it update open it then close out and repeat

14. Bigpearl macrumors member

It might take a few minutes before the one app starts to update[​IMG]

15. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Over ten of us at work have experienced the issue. Why Apple hasn't fixed it is baffling.

Conversely, we've enjoyed fantastic reliability and speed from the Google Play Store. The contrast reveals how poorly Apple is currently performing.

16. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

I've had the same problem - sometimes the circle will complete ... it'll think for a second, then say it needs updating again. Usually clicking Update 2-3 times fixes the problem. Kindof annoying but doesn't happen too often.

17. ckisgen macrumors member

This happens to me on select apps too if I try to update them via the individual update button next to the app itself. But if I click update all it usually if not always works.