App store not working for me now. Help!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kakarotto975, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Kakarotto975 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Is there anyone else having problems with downloading and updating their apps after installing the jailbreak? I am having problems now, it worked the first day now two days later it's not working properly. I need help??? Do I need to download anything in Cydia?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Can you be more specific to what your problem is? what part of the AppStore is not working for you? does it crash? can't download anything? do you get any errors?

A screenshot always help, you need to provide as much details as you can, so we can help you and track down the issue in case more people suffer from it.

3. GunBlazerX macrumors member

4. Kakarotto975 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what happens to me. The updating screen in the app store hangs, never goes to apps are up to date. Plus apps never install either now. I did update two things in Cydia not sure if that messed things up.

5. Kakarotto975 thread starter macrumors newbie

I read your thread and that sounds like my problem that I am having too. Is it just something I updated in cydia? Everything was working yesterday installing apps from the app store.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I tried it yesterday when that was posted and not issues, trying again right now, will update in second (I already did the updates in cydia too)

Edit: sorry but everything is working fine on my side, download and install "Glass Tower2" #9 from the top 25 FREE, and went back and install "twitter" update that was there..no issues.

7. shotts56 macrumors 6502

I've got a similar issue, I haven't been able to downloads any apps today on my jb iPhone 4 or my jb iPad, they just hang.

However i am getting a "Could not connect to iTunes" error when I try on my laptop, which makes me think it's nothing to do with the jb. Maybe. Will try again later.

8. Kakarotto975 thread starter macrumors newbie

Should I just wait for update in cydia, maybe there's a bug? Or delete stuff in cydia and go back to square one and start over?

9. GunBlazerX macrumors member

10. Kakarotto975 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just bitesms that beta from the bitesms repo.

11. GunBlazerX macrumors member

I have no clue how to resolve this =( I've even done restores and the crash eventually resurfaces.

12. shotts56 macrumors 6502

Got mine working - it turns out it was nothing to do with the jb. I went into itunes on my laptop, selected the "Run diagnostics" option and after a minute or so it told me it had problems connecting to the itunes store, but my network was ok.

It then churned away in the background for a couple of minutes, I ran it again, and it had fixed whatever the problem was. I can now access the app store again.

What I think the problem was (from sniffing about on google for similar issues) was that a app download had been interrupted but the connection between my itunes account (on any device) and apple had been left open. Therefore whenever I tried to access anything on my account, it wouldn't connect as this previous connection was still open. I couldn't even redownload whatever was interrupted as I couldn't get reconnected. Rebooting devices etc didn't help, but somehow this Apple diagnostic did.

Don't know if that's accurate, but it sounds fairly plausible to me.