Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

golfguy2015

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
Surprise, AZ
Any one else having problems on Public Beta 1 downloading new apps from the app store? I can update my current apps, and search the app store, but after I click "get" to download a new app, it just spins. It never pops up the Touch ID box or Itunes Password box. Does it both on Wifi and LTE, at home and at my office. Anyone else having this issue?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Any one else having problems on Public Beta 1 downloading new apps from the app store? I can update my current apps, and search the app store, but after I click "get" to download a new app, it just spins. It never pops up the Touch ID box or Itunes Password box. Does it both on Wifi and LTE, at home and at my office. Anyone else having this issue?

A lot of people have had these kinds of problems with the App Store in the betas, especially the current beta. Some have said resetting network settings helped, some said resetting all settings helped. If those don’t work for you searching the forum might turn something up (or someone may come along and answer this thread)

golfguy2015

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
Surprise, AZ
A lot of people have had these kinds of problems with the App Store in the betas, especially the current beta. Some have said resetting network settings helped, some said resetting all settings helped. If those don’t work for you searching the forum might turn something up (or someone may come along and answer this thread)

Thanks. I’ll try that. I looked at the threads and didn’t see anything, but apparently I missed it.

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2008
I've been having problems downloading from the App Store all day. I just reset my network settings, but that didn’t help. I’ve powered my iPad on and off. I'm runnning public beta 2 on an iPad Pro 10.5”. I’ve tried on two different WiFi networks on two different internet providers.

jfiggy77

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2015
I've been having the same problem. The only thing that works for me is Reset All Settings. However, the issue comes back up after a day or two and a few times even after a shorter amount of time so I have to Reset All Settings each time to get it working again. Recently I've just been updating and adding apps through my desktop. It's not the most convenient solution but it's better than setting up all my settings each time. Hoping the next beta fixes this issue. I didn't have any problem downloading or updating apps on the previous beta.

NonSoft

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2015
I wasn’t able to update or download new apps, but resetting just the network settings resolved the issue for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.