App store organization

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by porcupine8, May 3, 2011.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I feel like I can't find anything in the app store unless I'm searching for something specific. The 20 or so categories are nearly useless when they each contain thousands of apps with no subcategories. Education has over 9000 (literally) apps and I can't even sort by age group. I think the app store may be the most poorly-designed app I own.

Any advice for useful app browsing? Web sites that manage to organize this mess?

2. Snickers0129 macrumors newbie

I completely agree

When you do a search, the search is based on the title of the app, and the keywords the developer entered...

The only way I have found to browse it is by popular apps, you just have to hope the popular ones are the better of the thousands.

So yes please, anyone, what is a site that organizes them well?

3. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, I guess we are out of luck. I wonder where I can leave one-star review of the app store?

4. btrav13 macrumors 6502

Yea, I really wish it was easier to search. I have been wanting to get an app to organize my receipts on the go to place into my budget when I get home so I can quit keeping every single receipt on me. But I know there have to be apps that have weird names that might be useful. Like "Zite", the magazine app, doesn't have the word "magazine" or "news" anywhere in the name of the app at all.

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

"Numbers"

6. btrav13 macrumors 6502

Isn't that just the Excel program? That seems like a really lame option, IMO.

7. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

That's why I use AppAdvise and AppShopper and sometimes AppDeals.

8. btrav13 macrumors 6502

I use AppAdvise religiously. Just downloaded AppShopper and it's not BAD, but it's certainly not AppAdvise lol.