App store password not recognized by iPhone, but is on iMac and iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aGr, May 11, 2012.

1. aGr macrumors newbie

I am not able to update or purchase apps on my iPhone because my phone is not recognizing my password. A window pops up that says "Unknown error." My iPad does recognize it though, as does my iMac.

When the problem first happened, I went to appleid.apple.com and changed my password. The iPhone still did not recognize the password, while my iMac and iPad did. I then backed up and updated to the latest iOS, both on the iPhone and the iPad, and still the iPhone comes up with an "Unknown error." window.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I have not been able to find a solution here or elsewhere on the internet.

aGr

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't think its a password problem. When I mistype my password, it says something like incorrect password, try again not error. Time to call apple or go in to a store?

3. aGr thread starter macrumors newbie

I sent an inquiry to Apple Support. I can usually troubleshoot most problems easily through the web but am coming up short on this dilemma.

4. aGr thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed

I restored the phone to factory settings. I would have backed it up first, but had already done so earlier today. After it restored the settings, I plugged it back into iTunes and synced it to the most recent backup. The phone looks like it did this morning, yayy, and is recognizing my password. Double yayy