App Store Price?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fake1009, Jun 8, 2008.

1. fake1009 macrumors member

Since the app store is supposed to be coming out tomorrow does anybody know how much the actual store itself will cost? I have heard about the pricing on the apps ( about $5.00 ish). I want to know the actual store pricing so I can buy an itunes gift card and be enjoying apps Monday night. :D

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

the app store will cost you $20 and apps range from free to $60.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

link? or are you speculating?

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Um, you do realize that 2.0 hasn't even gone final internally yet, right? It most likely won't come out tomorrow.

1. You're not paying for the App Store; you're paying for 2.0.
    2. Nobody knows how much it's gonna cost. If we did, there would be an official press release...

Developers pick the price. Not all will choose 5USD...

and, for future reference (seeing as everything that you asked has already been discussed at length):

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php

5. fake1009 thread starter macrumors member

Whats final internally? Does that mean they are still working on it? If so does that mean that the rumors of Monday's release are false?

6. Delia macrumors member

Yeah it doesn't sound like it would be done so soon but hey, you never know.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.4 (pWN'd + JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Since the App Store isn't even open yet, and the 2.0 firmware hasn't been released, what do you think??

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It means that Apple have not yet finalised the code for the 2.0 firmware and the SDK.

Apple never said it would come out at WWDC - we will most likely see the final version of the SDK but until the field testing of the apps with that final version has been carried out Apple will not be releasing version 2.0

Steve Jobs himself said that the iPhone/iPod touch software 2.0 won't be out till LATE JUNE. That's LATE JUNE - not WWDC.

9. colourclassic macrumors member

colourclassic

I think we will be seeing 2.0 today. Apple is not going to release a brand new 3G iPhone and leave it with old software.

10. sharp65 macrumors 6502

That's assuming the new iphone is released today, which it very well may not be.