Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fake1009

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Since the app store is supposed to be coming out tomorrow does anybody know how much the actual store itself will cost? I have heard about the pricing on the apps ( about $5.00 ish). I want to know the actual store pricing so I can buy an itunes gift card and be enjoying apps Monday night. :D

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Since the app store is supposed to be coming out tomorrow
Um, you do realize that 2.0 hasn't even gone final internally yet, right? It most likely won't come out tomorrow.

does anybody know how much the actual store itself will cost?
1. You're not paying for the App Store; you're paying for 2.0.
2. Nobody knows how much it's gonna cost. If we did, there would be an official press release...

I have heard about the pricing on the apps ( about $5.00 ish).
Developers pick the price. Not all will choose 5USD...

and, for future reference (seeing as everything that you asked has already been discussed at length):

https://forums.macrumors.com/search/

fake1009

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Um, you do realize that 2.0 hasn't even gone final internally yet, right? It most likely won't come out tomorrow.

Whats final internally? Does that mean they are still working on it? If so does that mean that the rumors of Monday's release are false?

Delia

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
USA
Whats final internally? Does that mean they are still working on it? If so does that mean that the rumors of Monday's release are false?

Yeah it doesn't sound like it would be done so soon but hey, you never know.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.4 (pWN'd + JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

dukebound85 said:
the app store will cost you $20 and apps range from free to $60.

link? or are you speculating?

Since the App Store isn't even open yet, and the 2.0 firmware hasn't been released, what do you think??

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005

It means that Apple have not yet finalised the code for the 2.0 firmware and the SDK.

Apple never said it would come out at WWDC - we will most likely see the final version of the SDK but until the field testing of the apps with that final version has been carried out Apple will not be releasing version 2.0

Steve Jobs himself said that the iPhone/iPod touch software 2.0 won't be out till LATE JUNE. That's LATE JUNE - not WWDC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.