App store problem. My purchased app does not show up!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by wannabelean, Aug 22, 2013.

1. wannabelean macrumors 6502

Hey guys

I just wiped my iPhone clean and when I signed in to the app store I noticed mSecure Password Manager was missing from my list of purchased apps. I then proceeded to look for the app in the app store and clicked buy thinking the store will detect my previous purchase and allow me to install the program. It only gave me one option and that is to purchase the program again. I logged in and out from the app store multiple times and it still doesn't show up in my purchased apps list. Whats strange is that all my other purchased apps are intact.

I contacted iTunes store support about this and they are saying its a developer problem. How is it a developer problem if a purchase doesn't show up in their app store? I emailed them the receipt of the purchase of the app just to show them that I genuinely purchased it but they aren't listening. They're saying they have nothing more to add but only state that I should take it up with the developer. Msecure team understandably have said that there is nothing they can do if the app does not show up in the list of purchases.

Anybody else have this problem before? How do I escalate this to more senior support person at the app store?

Thanks

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

If the developer does some things, it comes up as a different application / version and thus you no longer own it. So yes, it could be a developer issue.

3. wannabelean thread starter macrumors 6502

I purchased the app in UAE app store but now my app store is USA. I shuttle between the USA and India regularly but am using my USA credit card with the App store which makes the US store default for me. All these years I never re downloaded the app but instead restored from backups. The program would update with no problem. But when I restored the phone as new and tried to download mSecure from my purchased apps it does not show up. Apple says it will not show up and that I have to purchase the app again in the USA store.

How is this not wrong and unfair to force a customer to purchase the same app again??