App store quasi-exploit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean Dempsey, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

My wife got an iphone yesterday. I started to get her my favorite apps, and the itunes login appeared. I put in my name and password, since I want them all on the same bill. Well, I was able to download every app I had already bought onto her phone for free, since it said "you have already paid for this app, click ok to download it again for free."

That seems sorta... screwy. Is this right?

2. chrisjonny macrumors member

chrisjonny

no me and my dad "share" apps all the time that way

3. saxman macrumors 6502

The positive side of Apple's Fairplay. 5 devices can be authorized. Currently it seems it applies to applications as well. Don't know if that will last though

4. Lightbrazer macrumors member

It's not an exploit at all, by logging in your linking that phone to your account which you can do for up to 5 devices, apple has no way to distinguish from you owning say an iphone 3g, 2g and another iphone 3g for work. If you want to buy 3 phones they won't tell you that you can't and you can legally copy all the apps.

fyi go to the apps folder for your itunes account and copy all the iphone apps over to her itunes apps folder then drag them onto itunes this will automatically load all your apps to her without dowloading them again.