Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nigelL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Hello
Im as newbie as you can get to development. (Im not even sure I am posting this to the right forum!) But Im really hoping you can help me out. I have created an app and uploaded it to the iphone store.

I have not recieved any sales reports from Apple and in itunes connect the sales reports state I have only sold 4 units in total! Pretty paltry I know, but my application is listed as halfway up the popularity rankings in itunes news section.

So does this mean that the 600 odd applications below mine in the popularity rankings have sold 4 or less units or is there some kind of error in the itunes ranking system.

I cant seem to get much of a response from Apple so thought I would ask on here.

Thank you

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
Hello
Im as newbie as you can get to development. (Im not even sure I am posting this to the right forum!) But Im really hoping you can help me out. I have created an app and uploaded it to the iphone store.

I have not recieved any sales reports from Apple and in itunes connect the sales reports state I have only sold 4 units in total! Pretty paltry I know, but my application is listed as halfway up the popularity rankings in itunes news section.

So does this mean that the 600 odd applications below mine in the popularity rankings have sold 4 or less units or is there some kind of error in the itunes ranking system.

I cant seem to get much of a response from Apple so thought I would ask on here.

Thank you

Nigel, I could provide more details (and advice) if you told us your app. You might want to add it to your signature (see mine) as it's a fairly unobtrusive way to get it out there. As a fellow developer, I try to buy apps from other devs who help out on the forums. I also have a free ebook coming out (chapter 1 will be in the next issue of iPhone Life magazine, on newsstands soon!)

So, is your app a "News" app, or when you say it's halfway up the 'news' section, you could be looking at NEW apps, ranked NOT by popularity, but by date of the most recent release/update.

Also, check out http://www.MobClix.com for some ranking info, but a little hard to decipher. Basically it returns ranking within your primary category, but doesn't distinguish paid vs free. For example, my app, 100sounds, is about 30 in Paid Entertainment per iTunes, but about 225 in Entertainment per MobClix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.