App store refund help

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by brian4610, Jan 16, 2010.

1. brian4610 macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone could lend any advice on how to get an app store refund. Long story short, i purchased Navigon North America for my wife's birthday. I bought it on my phone (my computer is slow on big downloads), and uploaded it to to her computer. Anyway, i noticed when i went to run it, it wasn't able to locate a good GPS signal. I thought it was the app, so i down loaded Tomtom USA (yes, i know it's not the most logical thing to do) to see if that app would work on my phone. It didn't.

When i asked the App store for a refund, they said that could only do a 1 time only app refund (which i had earlier) and that there was 'no way around the system'....

So, with that said, i'm trying to figure out how to get an app store refund, and tips?

2. SebZen macrumors 6502

Just explain the situation to them, that's what I did and got a refund, but it was the first time. I didn't know you couldn't get more than one refund per account.

3. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Im trying to get a refund..

who do I call?

I downloaded eyeTV and paid $5 and it said nothing about me having have it on my Mac. I want a refund because this app is useless to me.

4. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Really?

Attached Files:

• etv.png
      etv.png
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  5. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Soooo you want them to bend the rules and issue a refend because of your lack of foresight?
    :confused:

6. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

The irony!!! Assumptions assumptions ... I actually have good reasons as to why I did'nt think it required any thing accept a iPhone as you can see by what I saw...

Again, if they want costumers to know that something other than what is under their requirement section is actually required, then put it under the requirement section. It is only when you click more under the description that you get the vital information otherwise its hidden. All I did was read under requirement and thought I was good to go.

Attached Files:

7. Hunnieize macrumors newbie

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

LOL the app description does say you need a Mac side client, I guess just read more attentively. It does say it pretty much a bunch of times in the app description....some times the "more" button isnt just there for design

9. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

^ iphone1105, I dunno how you've managed to mangle the quote in your post, but let it be known that I didn't post that. ;)

10. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Apple is giving me a refund and agrees that its not something that I overlook, but something they did. See my attachment.

11. iMerlin macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Brian, did you get the refund? Im looking for a refund for Navigon also. Its inaccurate 50% of the time, and that is unacceptable for a GPS app. IMO.

Ive tried reporting a problem but they never responded. Do I need to call Apple or can it be done online??

12. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

You don't choose what goes in the Requirements section. That is automatically done via the plist in the uploaded binary. When you build an app the SDK will fill this information in depending on many factors and settings within Xcode. Point being though, there is nothing that can be done to make it say you need anything other then the iDevice and the OS Version.

13. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Well, apple is reviewing what I pointed out because they agree that it IS misleading.

14. calvinator macrumors newbie

mac app refund re DSLR Remote

DO NOT BUY THIS APP if you want to 'remotely' control your DSLR; it will NOT do that. It will fire the shutter but as for focus, exposure... anything else, you'll be out in the cold. You have to tether your Mac to the DSLR to get your iPad to fire the shutter. Who in the world need to do that? With some tweaking, this app could run very-much like Canon's EOS Utilities, which allows for all kinds of 'remote' control.

15. calvinator macrumors newbie

Great help, you sarcastic ick-pray. What are you doing in this thread if you're not interested in being helpful? And the word is spelled R-E-F-U-N-D; it's easy to see that your smart-alack, immature response was already loaded before your brain(?) slipped into gear. What a jerk.