App Store reviews on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Which bright spark thought it would be a great idea to not show most recent reviews on the iPhone App Store, like it used to be?

Is it me or is there no way of scrolling to most recent without manually clicking 'more reviews' a thousand times to get there. All I get now is the first and sometimes they're ages old

2. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

It's not just you.

They changed this a few weeks ago and I filed a bug to them but they haven't responded.

The thing is, it's not even always sorted by the oldest first.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I wondered.

Didn't realise it was a bug. I just thought they'd just changed it. The previous incarnation of the App Store was a whole lot easier to read on the ip4 too. Something about the scrolling down was a lot nicer than this side to side version too I thought.

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Am still seeing oldest reviews first in App Store on iPhone. Months on, am guessing this is not going to revert back to the sensible way of viewing. ie., newest first.

That's just ridiculous. Who wants to wade through 'more reviews' a thousand times now that they only move on by about barely 3 or 4 at a time.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Am I the only one that sees this now? Oldest reviews first? Surely if it was a bug it wouldn't still be like this? Is it an ip4 thing?

6. Ann P macrumors 68020

No, definitely not you nor is it just an iphone 4 issue. Old reviews are showing up for me as well. I thought there was something wrong with the App Store. :O

7. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Obviously this is meant to be?
    One of the most unexplainable moves they've implemented. What's worse is because of thIs new way of scrolling and it only showing 4 or 5 at a time, it'd take forever to get the recent ones. Even the old App Store was better for that too. Shame

8. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

And just so they don't have to bother fixing this issue anymore, the reviews are all now dateless

9. DannyDrama macrumors regular

I hope I get a reply, I didn't want to start a new thread with the same title.

Why do some very popular apps not have any reviews? I'm talking about apps that are clearly good, popular apps. You know they SHOULD have reviews but they don't. What's with that? It's stopped me downloading more than a couple of things.

10. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

If the app has been recently updated, there might not be reviews for the latest version.

There might also be a country restriction.

11. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

There are many very weird and wrong things with that App Store now. The reviews are still oldest first but you just don't know it because there is no date.

I think some reviews don't get through. I've had some not gone through.