App Store searching

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by browerjs, Mar 28, 2011.

1. browerjs macrumors member

I'm new to the iPad and iTunes for that matter, but I'm having a problem finding a way to do something in the App Store that (IMO) should be available.

Basically what I want to do is search for all free games in the app store and order them by user rating. Is this possible? If so how, because I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

2. patrickj, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

patrickj macrumors regular

That's not possible in the App Store. You might want to look at free apps like AppMiner and Bargain Bin and similar for details on free apps and paid apps that go free, but I don't think they'll do exactly what you're after.

There are also apps like Chomp and AppsFire (both also free) that make heavy use of user reviews and recommendations.

3. browerjs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give those apps a try.

4. patrickj macrumors regular

Hey, sorry - just corrected this, but my original reply was meant to say I * don't * think those two apps will do exactly what you're after. They will give some useful info on free and on sale apps, but I doubt they'll provide exactly what you're after.