App store shopping cart (funny story)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by messedkid, Jun 3, 2009.

1. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

So a while back, the creator of the SG Girls app gave out free promo codes to people who asked for them. I got one and downloaded it in exchange for a review. Nice app, beatiful asian ladies. Love it.

I had bought it with my US account, as I'm in Germany ATM and only have a German credit card which can not be used in a US account. Lame, I know, but whatever.

I deleted the app after awhile, just because I didn't feel the need to have streamed pictures of asian ladies on my ipod at all times (just for that...special occasion;)).

A few days ago, I decided to download it again, so I powered up my iPod Touch, found it in the App Store and hit download. Turns out I had forgotten to switch from my US account to the German account, and I was charged for this app. I admit, it was my stupid mistake, but whatever, I wanted my money back, since I already owned this app, although on a different account.

I contact apple through iTunes, explain my situation, and 2 days later I get an email saying I will not be charged for said app, and I should consider turning off one-click-shopping in the iTunes store. Instead use the Shopping cart feature to bundle apps/movies/songs I want to buy, and then check out all purchases at once. Sure, sounds like a good idea. Maybe it will keep me from spending apps on stuff I already have/prevent other mishaps.

Turns out, the shopping cart feature doesn't work for apps. Thanks apple rep #29349203 (no idea), for a bogus suggestion which sounded nice, but doesn't work at all.

Anyway, who else likes SG Girls? :D

PS. BAWC

2. Linkmobile macrumors newbie