app store shows update for garageband?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by travis2, Mar 13, 2012.

1. travis2 macrumors newbie

hi,

App Store shows that there is an update for GarageBand. When I click update, it tells me that GB is already installed and I should use system software update. System SW update does not indicate any changes for GB.

The GB installed on my system (new MBAir) is 6.0.4 and I see that GB is now at 6.0.5.

I really do not care whether I update GB or not, but, I sure would like to remove the '1' that appears on the App Store icon in my dock.

I can start GB and it does not indicate any additional way to update.

I looked at purchases for App Store and GB shows in that list (but I did not explicitly purchase GB). I clicked the 'x' to remove GB from the purchase list, but this did not change the update indicator.

Thanks for any suggestions/directions.

--travis

2. toncat, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

toncat macrumors newbie

Unfortunately no answers but just to let you know you are not alone.

I have a similar problem.

When I click Update in App Store I am prompted:
    "You have updates available for other accounts. To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it."

As far as I know I only have the one account.

3. MacVibe macrumors regular

My solution to this has been to remove it from the dock. I just don't access the store that often so I don't miss it at all.

4. JMC2008 macrumors newbie

iPhoto Too...!

I have the same issue?

I did not buy the apps from the App store - they were installed on the system when I received my new (then) MacBook Pro.

Would there simply be a lag in the deployment of the Software update?

I too would like to get rid of the now "2" - iPhoto is also showing the same way.

What gives?

Apple is releasing Mountain Lion (=bug fixes) this summer? I am not impressed with Lion as I still use Snow Leaopard at home.... far superior OS IMO.

Anyone else with this issue? Fix?

..or just wait?

JMC:eek:

5. Puschie macrumors newbie

For me the following worked:

- open Mac App Store, log in with your account and go to purchases tab to see if GarageBand is listed for update
    - move garageband to trash
    - klick install for GarageBand in purchases tab (change to another tab and back to purchases if the button still says update)

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

That's more often than not a pirated application that's using someone elses MAS_receipt file or one from a free app trying to trick the App store.

7. ebarbosaf macrumors newbie

Opening the app package and deleting the folder "_MASReceipt" fixed the "other account" problem for me. After sending in my Macbook Pro for repairs and having a clean install of OSx, that bug was really BUGGing me ;P

8. bamitseric macrumors newbie

Hey, im new, but was having a similar problem. if you click the update with 2 fingers in the app store, it gives you the option to hide it. dont know if it helps, just figured id let you know. :)