App Store SLOW after 3.0 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric8199, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

So I installed 3.0 at lunch today, and now I've got app updates but the app store is SLOW. Like it won't even let me download and install, and I'm running it on WIFI.

So is this just because everyone is downloading 3.0 currently, or am I having a problem myself? Is everyone else having issues?

EDIT: May have answered my own question because they won't download over iTunes either. Guess I'll wait a day. haha.

2. phonewentwest macrumors regular

same here. tried to update shazam and its not working. now i just have a grey app icon, sitting next to the shazam icon, that says waiting under it but its not doing anything.

booooooo!

3. markel253 macrumors regular

I am guessing that it may be tied in with everyone d/l'ing 3.0 at the moment.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Indeed.

5. Snapperjw macrumors regular

Yep Me Too!

I have the same problem for both the App store and also Itunes.

Both running REALLY SLOWLY....

Not really sure why this is.

6. leandromp macrumors regular

Am i the only one who finds the App Store on every update slower and harder to browse through the new apps?

I loved the app store on 2.0!

7. haydn! macrumors 6502a

I wonder what could be causing it? Surely it can't be the circa 30 million iPhone and iPod Touch users downloading 3.0, can it?

8. celticpride678

The reason for the iTunes Store and the App Store being so slow is because Apple has devoted their servers for 3.0 for the next 24 hours so as much people can update as possible. It should be faster tomorrow.:)