App Store/SPAM redirects

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Brien, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Anyone still seeing this in iOS 8? I thought Safari was supposed to block this as a new feature in the new OS.

I didn't see anything to turn it on/off in Settings either.

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I thought it was supposed to be blocked too. Yes I still get it.

3. talibunny macrumors newbie

yea, I'm still getting those nasty redirects even with iOS 8.0.2!
    anyone any idea how to disable them?

4. Stankonia macrumors regular

Still getting them also. This was one of the fixes I was looking forward to most since several of the forums I visit frequently have ads that redirect to the app store.

5. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Hmm, I never thought about this. The one site that it happens for me pre iOS 8, hasn't redirected a single time since I installed the GM and now 8.0.2 update.

6. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

I still get it too. Extremely irritating. They definitely stopped it from happening in the beta, and they've definitely removed that feature in the public release.

Maybe in 8.1?

7. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Just got a redirect on my iPad. I suspect that either Apple removed this feature, or spammers have found ways to circumvent the block.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just when it seemed that Apple was finally doing something about this, it turns out that for some reason nothing is actually being done (or it's just not working). Disappointing.

9. fraggot macrumors 6502

Yep, I was thoroughly excited when I heard this news. There's a website I visit often and their mobile version is basically just non-stop transferring me to the appstore trying to make me download some ****** Freemium game.

10. blugel macrumors member

I also was looking forward to this feature....although I'm unsure if it's been implemented and just already circumvented or just dropped altogether...

Either way, very, very irritating!

11. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

They probably figured out a way to use a script to trick whatever method Apple is using to block it. Maybe a quick series of multiple redirects? I've noticed it less, but yeah it does occasionally happen. I just stopped visiting sites that spam like that. Not worth the trouble. Some of them are really bad every time you click on a story it will take you out to some ridiculous IAP freemium crime against humanity candy crush ripoff. I hardly play any games on my iPhone any more because it's so hard to cut through all the crap and find some good games. But that's a rant for another thread.