App Store Submission Build Requirements

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by cnstoll, Nov 16, 2010.

1. cnstoll macrumors 6502

Hey,

I'm getting ready to submit my first app to the app store (woohoo!).

I've created a "App Store Distribution" provisioning profile and downloaded it and set it up in Xcode. In order to build the app to upload to the app store, do you basically just build the same as you would for Ad Hoc Distribution (what I've been using for beta testers) but with the App Store Distribution profile selected in place of the Ad Hoc one?

Thanks

2. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

Have you read through the guide in the iOS Provisioning Portal? It has quite a thorough step by step guide.

3. cnstoll thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that is basically what I did in order to create the App Store Distribution provisioning profile, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting something else. Build succeeded though, no weird code sign errors, and the embedded.mobileprovision file gets built correctly, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Make sure you follow the steps in the "Building your Application with Xcode for Distribution" section and you should be good.

5. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

6. firewood macrumors 604

Just like for Ad Hoc, except for not needing an Entitlements plist, and using a distribution provision.

7. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

Yeah I seem to have got my app submitted in the organiser now without needed to duplicate and rename anything which is good because in the new version I couldn't see where to do that.