app store submission tips

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sothink, May 26, 2009.

1. Sothink macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

I just finished one app, and submit it to app store last last Friday, May, 15th.
    Hope it would be approved one week after, that is May, 22nd.

But it was approved this Monday, May,25th. :(

So I suggest everyone who will submit the application to app store submit not on Friday, but before Friday.
    Thus, your application will be approved probably 7 days after, will not wait for a weekend.

BTW, if you are interested, please review our app iLotus. ;)
    Link to appstore: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316684107&mt=8&s=143441
    Any suggestion is welcome! It is my first app...

Attached Files:

2. Linkmobile macrumors newbie

3. dougdawson macrumors member

One thing that we've learned is that submitting an app to the App Store is one of the more mysterious, oracular things you can do while not levitating. It is a calling out to the black box, it is a laying on of hands of unknown origin.

The smartest thing you can do is to submit the app, and then make sure you have all of your supporting promotional materials/strategies on-hand to go immediately to work when it is approved.

With our current app RunningTotal, we were planning on a staged roll-out, so the fact that we were approved much sooner than expected didn't interfere with things too much.

They do approve apps on Saturday, BTW. Keep on it, you can't count on advance notice.

Doug

4. Sothink thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Linkmobile, dougdawson,

Thank you two for your info.
    Yes, they do approve on both Saturday and Sunday.
    All we have to do is to get ready in advance, I agree.

Would you please share any promotion tips or tricks?
    My application got little downloads in the past two days. :(

5. dougdawson macrumors member

For starters, you need to drop the references to beer and farting in your app description, it leaves the wrong impression for an app devoted to inducing serenity.

Doug

6. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I agree completely. The only possible reason for mentioning those programs at all in your description can only be keyword spamming. You're trying to get people who search for those applications to find yours.

7. IBITF macrumors newbie

I suggest holding contests for codes that stay on the first page while. Also try going to http://toucharcade.com

8. Sothink thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I did add the reference.
    "Recommended for fans of iBeer, Koi Pond, iFart Mobile, etc. "

But it seems it does not work. I get only 2 downloads per day now.:(

9. Sothink thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

I'm back with iLotus v1.1, which I submitted to app store this Monday morning, and am still waiting for the approval.
    I made a youtube video this time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oksTRs24Leo

I wish v1.1 can take me more sales than v1.0. God bless me!:)

10. Sothink thread starter macrumors newbie

My app iLotus 1.1 was finally approved today after about 3 weeks since I submitted it to app store. But it only spent 1 week for iLotus 1.0 approval.
    Does anybody have the same experience with me? V1.0 spent less time, but V1.1 spent more.

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Right now, since 3.0 has just come out, apparently Apple has been inundated with new/updated apps for the new OS, I'd say that's why it took a bit longer this time :)

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C97d Safari/528.16)

We've had apps approved on a Sunday. What you really have to look out for are the completely unhelpful rejection emails: We've had apps rejected for no apparent reason and the rejection emails give you absolutely no help at all with fixing whatever issue they imagined ;)

13. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Often on Saturday and on Sunday. They approve all week long. Til' at least 6pm Cupertino time.