App Store thinks I don't own an app, can't review it.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by apfhex, Apr 23, 2009.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I bought an app (iPhlix) from the app store and wanted to post a review, but I get the "You must own this item to write a Customer Review" error (same if I try to just give it a star rating). Error is both in iTunes and in the App Store app on iPhone. I have synched it, and the iPhone does see it as "Installed" when I look at it in the store. It shows up as a purchased in my account and I have an email receipt. It was a few days ago, so I wouldn't expect any discrepancies. Anyone else experience problems like this before?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Someone else just posted about this the other day. He downloaded it again, and iTunes gave the message that he already owned it, and then he was allowed to review it.

The title was something weird that I can't remember, but that was the gist.

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

This has happened to me, too. I'll try that fix.

4. krnguy712 macrumors member

krnguy712

maybe?

I think this happens when you download apps on the itouch but then just sync them to itunes on your pc. I just buypass this issue and download it again on my PC and sync it up to make sure versions match and writing review is never a problem then. Let us know if it works for you!

5. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

Oh, I think it's this one, I saw just after posting http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=690508

If I click Buy App in iTunes, though, it asks me to confirm if I want to buy it. It does not say that I already own it. But like I said, I can't write a review from the iPhone either (I originally downloaded it on the iPhone).

Attached Files:

6. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

Same here... bought Uniwars on the touch, I get the same message when I try to leave a review (I don't want to re-install since I unlocked most of the maps already).

My wife has her own iPod Touch and she couldn't leave a comment on another game (Flip Cup).

what is going on :confused:

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Confirm, and then it'll give a popup that says you already own it. It's a bassackward process, because it scares people into thinking they're going to be charged twice, but I promise you won't.

8. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

Thanks, I tried that and it worked. It's only $3 but I didn't want to get charged again. It's letting me write a review now.

9. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Logged into your account and everything? Maybe a glitch?

10. rieuk macrumors newbie

Has anyone found a fix for this??? I've still got this problem on the iphone 4...

11. rieuk macrumors newbie

The error is only thrown up for some apps, I've noticed. What's up with that? Example: a2z unit converter. This is a good app, download it and try to rate it. Can anyone rate it? For me it just says I need to download it which I already have......