App Store "Top 25" now goes to 300

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by katanna, Apr 13, 2011.

1. katanna macrumors 6502

katanna

Just noticed: The "Top 25" lists on the iPhone App Store (like "Top Paid" and "Top Free") used to stop at 50 but now go to 300!

It this new or have I not seen it before?

Matthew

2. Jhingha macrumors regular

Jhingha

Max was 50 indeed. not able to check out the 300 though, but this would've been an improvement.

3. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

4. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The 300 is useless in the App Store on the iPhone. Ever tried to scroll through the list and actually browse and download something? It forgets like an insurance agent handling a claim. Every time you go to download something or you scroll too far down the list and browse an app, it forgets where it is and brings you back to the top of the list where you once again have to scroll and tap "more", scroll and tap "more", scroll and tap "more", etc.... WTF? Can't it remember my position in the list? And for that matter, where the hell is my infinite scrolling? Why do I have to press that silly "25 more" button every time I get to the bottom of the list?

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yep, it's a pain in the arse. You get half way through the list, check out an app, go back and you're back to the top.

Not hard to maintain a position yet somehow the App Store doesn't do it.

6. katanna thread starter macrumors 6502

katanna

I agree, it is a horrible bug on their part...

Matthew

7. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

Seems like the position is maintained when I am browsing now

8. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Nope, just tried it again, still forgets like George Bush on Iraq.

9. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

It always shocked me how thrown together the app store is. The browsing is terrible. SO MUCH revenue coming from the app store, you would think Apple would invest a little bit more into it's design.

10. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Yeah, the horrible architecture of the App Store on both the iPhone and the iPad has always disappointed me. It's so unpolished it seems like assignment to "App Store design" is hazing for Apple new-hires.

And while we're at it, I'm not too impressed with much of what iTunes brings to the screen, at least in the Windows environment.

Mike

11. elan123 macrumors 6502

The android market has infinite scrolling... jus sayin..

12. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Never noticed this, but I'd never scroll down that far anyway. I have to agree with the App Store needing to remember where you were when you press Back. It's really annoying even when scrolling through 25 or 50 apps.

...And I'm going to try to forget your attempts at jokes.

13. Che Castro macrumors 603

Theres a tweak in cydia that lets you queue apps in the AppStore instead of downloading one by one

I forgot the name of this

14. Fugue macrumors 6502

Why does the iPhone sometimes go back up to the first app after clicking next 25 and other times it does not? Is this a RAM issue or what?

Extremely frustrating...

I also wish that there was a tab at the bottom for all downloaded applications, just like on Android.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s about time they removed the restriction to only 50.

16. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I think it's just a bug that they need to get fixed! Pisses me off so much! :(