App Store Top Charts down?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by JosephAW, May 26, 2016.

1. JosephAW macrumors 65816

JosephAW

Is anyone having trouble accessing the top charts in the App Store tonight?
    I tried restarting and rebooting but section does not appear, it's just showing the swirly.

2. JosephAW thread starter macrumors 65816

JosephAW

Still not working a day later. Yet no one else seems to have reported it.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I'm having this issue with my iPhone SE, no Top Charts/Explore/Search... but I can update apps and Featured works.

A restart did not fix it.

My iPad Pro 9.7 (iOS 9.3.2) and iPhone 5S (on iOS 7) have no issues.

Just started this morning???
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2016 ---
    A hard reset fixed it...

First time I've seen this, but it's okay for now.

4. JosephAW thread starter macrumors 65816

JosephAW

I tried the hard reset but top charts doesn't load. Everything else works fine. Weird.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried reloading the App Store by tapping one of the section icons (like Uodates or Top Charts) 10 times?

6. JosephAW thread starter macrumors 65816

JosephAW

I was not aware of that reload tip, but after 10 taps it goes blank and reloads the featured section. The. I tap back to top charts and it says loading. Search and explore work fine too, just top charts it not working. I have over 24 GB free on my iPhone 6. Idk what's going on. Hopefully it'll go away by itself when apple figures it out. Thanks.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's all loading for me even without that reset. Not sure what's going on in your case. Have you tried signing out and signing back into the App Store from Settings?

8. JosephAW thread starter macrumors 65816

JosephAW

Yes. Tried signing out and in. Erasing safari cache just in case it's somehow the same cache.
    I'd uninstall it if I could and reinstall.
    My friend has the exact same phone as me. I'll check w him to see if they are experiencing it too.

9. JosephAW, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016

JosephAW thread starter macrumors 65816

JosephAW

Okay it's definitely an issue with Apple and not my phone.
    My friends iPhone 6 also exhibits this problem, a iPhone 6 plus, an iPhone 4 and my iPhone 6, All exhibit a forever loading message in the "Top Charts" in the App Store.

The only commonality between all our devices is that none of us are running iOS 9. We are all on iOS 8 or older. Each user has different reasons why they CAN'T upgrade but apparently Apple has started to secretly throw older iOS devices under the bus.

How was Apple supposed to sell older iPhones in India running older iOS versions and the customers would not be able use all the features of the App Store. Maybe that was secretly one of the reason India turned them down.

Now it's only a matter of time before all older iOS devices will be cut off from the store maybe even even keeping them from downloading purchases resulting in bricking older iPads and iPhones.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not seeing the top charts is hardly an indicator of anything in particular, especially if it might be some glitch that might very well get corrected.

11. JosephAW thread starter macrumors 65816

JosephAW

I'm talking to Apple support. Waiting for their response. We'll see.