App Store Update Borks iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Heraklitus, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Heraklitus macrumors member

Hi fellas, tell me if any of you have had this happen:

Three times now while updating apps from the iPod (not iTunes), I've had the iPod crash and the only way for me to recover is to reset back to factory settings and do a full restore.

It only happens during an update. For example, this evening I allowed it to update the zip code app. I walked away from it for a few minutes, and when I got back, dead dead dead.

I'm recovering it again now. Anyone having similar problems? I haven't done anything funny to it--just loaded a few apps and such from the App Store.

2. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I thought mine was doing the same thing, but I left it for like an hour or two and then it eventually worked. I think others have reported this in another thread about the fact that it takes forever to backup applications.

3. Heraklitus thread starter macrumors member

WOW, an HOUR or two? Jeez, ok, that might have been it then. I think I left it for like an hour so maybe it just needed longer.

I guess in the future I'll just have it do it when I go to bed.

When does it hang for you? I couldn't get it past the Apple logo and iTunes totally locked up as well.

4. Heraklitus thread starter macrumors member

Bah, Im still seeing this problem. It's been syncing the same app (Aurora Feint update) for like 4 hours now.

:-(