App Store Update Indication

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Battlestar, May 22, 2010.

1. Battlestar macrumors 6502

Whenever there is an update for an app it is indicated on the corner of the App Store icon. Is there anyway to disable this automatic check and or display function?

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Curious to know why, it wouldn't be very useful if you didn't know there was an update available for your app(s).

If it bothers you it can be placed on a different page out of sight.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I downloaded a free app for my iPad (Slider HD v1.0) a wile back, this game is to simple to be anything but free, but with a .01 update, the developer promised 'minor bug fix', but what they failed to mention was the now they have added ads that pop up frequently during the game and that the only way to get rid of them is to upgrade to the premium version for $.99.

I refuse to update, so now I have my iPad and iMac reminding me that I have an update available.

and to the OP, theirs no way to disable the automatic update badge, just like me, either update or live with it.

4. arcangel6 macrumors regular

arcangel6

Did Steve Jobs say that he thought ads a good idea and was planning to permit them? Or do I have it wrong?

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Not to get off topic, but I don't mind ads, just as long as they're not intrusive or distracting from the actual game.

6. Battlestar thread starter macrumors 6502

Seeing how this has been the case with the iPhone OS to this point I am not expecting it to change in iPhone OS 4.0 either.

7. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

But these are not iAds. Jobs said that the traditional ones "suck".