App Store update notification help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Feb 11, 2016.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Hi MR I need help,

Recently I did my last App Store update on my iPhone 6S ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455203898.046670.jpg and the notification icon for an app to update was left pending as if I had another app to update. The weird thing is that all apps are up to date, I have no pending apps to update, but the notification persists.

I have tried restarting the device, I have tried turning it off, back on and killing the App Store app and re launching but none of that helps.

I checked also on my settings=>iTunes and App Store and I'm the only one signed in as user. Any ideas what this could be?

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Did you try updating all your apps through iTunes?

3. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

You mean Itunes on the PC? No I have not. If anything when I get home I'll connect it to my computer and then go to I tunes in apps and update them all.

4. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Try deleting the app and re installing it. Or just turn off show app badge icon on the home screen for the app store.

5. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you I did that. And it didn't work. The culprit app seems to be FB messenger.

6. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

Hello, to give guys an update. I deleted FB messenger. The update notification icon was still present, then I re downloaded FB messenger and after a few minutes of having FB messenger active and went back to the App Store to check for updates and there was this other app that needed an update. I hit update all and now it went away finally.

Thank you guys. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455228467.304082.jpg