Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I did a quick scan of top topics and didn't see anything. For a coupe days now, both my iPads have shown a number of updates but when I go to the App Store update screen, it is just blank. Anyone else experiencing this and/or know of a fix? Or is maybe the Apple Store update server down or something?

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
App Store Update Problem

When I last checked to see if there were any updates to my apps, the App Store's wheel spun but never went to the following screen with either a list of apps to update or the logo "all apps are up to date." When there are apps to be updated, the number appears, but I can't get to the update screen. I can update by syncing with my computer, but here's my question: will iOS solve this problem or should I restore to my latest backup?

Last edited:

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
noticed this problem too, closing the running app and rebooting of the device does not resolve the problem either :eek:

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
After starting this thread, I found several others on the same topic. There were several solutions suggested, none of which worked. The consensus opinion was that it was a problem with Apple's server and should be fixed within a few days. Fingers crossed!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
After starting this thread, I found several others on the same topic. There were several solutions suggested, none of which worked. The consensus opinion was that it was a problem with Apple's server and should be fixed within a few days. Fingers crossed!

It works fine for me EVERY time I go check for updates. Maybe apple servers are not reaching your area.

Bluemoon07

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
Me too

Yep, been that way for me for 2 days now, that I've noticed. Seems to be common for a lot of people. No real fix that I've found yet.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I have the same problem. I had one update noted from the last couple of days. Got another one today which worked fine on my iPhone but nothing on my iPad - I have 2 notices but no detail on my iPad.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Same problem here, 3 iPhone's (4, 4S, 5) and iPad 2 load updates tab fine, but 2 iPad mini's wont load them... I don't get it :confused:

mreddys10

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Same here. Shows a badge with 4 on it, but the updates page is completely blank. Rest of the store works just fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.