app store updates, do we have to?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by enter, Jul 11, 2009.

1. enter macrumors member

so the iphone automatically checks for updates for apps on my phone, I usually do the update just to get rid of the red number notification on the side of the app on the menu screen. But I noticed that some of the free trial versions I dl'ed, after I updated them they changed to a new version that I didnt like....Is there a way to ignore the updates and delete from the update section of the app?

thanks

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

3. enter thread starter macrumors member

4. PaIvA macrumors member

and is there anyaway to "hide" the notification on app store and in cydia about new updates?? i don't like so much those red ball showing numbers about updates i don«t want to do...

is there anyway to stop showing these notifications??

5. latafairam macrumors member

Install MetadataRemovr from cydia. This should take care of that.
    Hope that helps.

6. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If you want to keep the older version of an app do this:
    1) Download the update in the iPhone not iTunes and don't sync yet.
    2) Try it out and see if you like the update, if not then delete the app from the iPhone.
    3) If you had the older version in iTunes, then sync it to the iPhone and you will have your older version of the app. Done (as long as you don't update it again)

Nope, that removes the illegally downloaded apps updates notifications from the App Store not the paid/free official ones... The only way for the App Store to not show the updates for the ones you legally own is edit the data of the app (need to be jb) and change the number manually to a later version...