App Store updates still not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by d3v1l.cr0, Feb 15, 2013.

1. d3v1l.cr0 macrumors member

I've had this problem for 5-6 days now. The first couple of days after I updated/jailbroken my 4S everything worked fine but for the past 5-6 days my app store updates won't load. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I have a badge "4" meaning I have four apps that can be updated but when I go into the "updates" it's loading in the status bar and just stops and nothing appears. I can still scroll through the app store but updates are just blank.

Any advice? I'm on 6.1. and don't have any 3G issues so I haven't updated to 6.1.1.

2. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I had this problem after installing AdBlock. If you have it, try removing it and see if that fixes it.

3. d3v1l.cr0 thread starter macrumors member

Don't have it. :(

I'd restore my phone again but what if it happens again?

4. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

What else do you have installed? Have you rebooted your phone?

5. d3v1l.cr0 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I've rebooted it a couple of times, the weather app is also not working for the past few days. And it did work 2 days after I jailbroken my phone, so it must be something I installed that's stopping it from working.

Here's what I have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kurios2 macrumors regular

Kurios2

A while back I had a similar problem with updates and I tried everything. After installing a new version (5.1.1), it was solved. Try (6.1.1) and see if that helps. Good luck.

7. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

while the update page is loading try swiping your finger up and down the screen like you're scrolling.

8. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

9. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

What is appsync for? Doesn't apple already have the ability to sync apps?

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you look closely, it seems appsync is a stand-alone. There isn't any app that I recognize that's for downloading apps

----
    AppSync is used for syncing pirated/cracked apps with iTunes. You can uninstall that if you don't download cracked apps

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Appsync is linked with the broken weather app. Not sure if it will also cause issues updating apps but I'd remove it and try it without it anyway.

12. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I had a cydia app called bridge that was causing my iTunes apps to get stuck on loading

13. d3v1l.cr0 thread starter macrumors member

I tried uninstalling appsync and rebooting. Both updates and weather app still not working.

The thing about buying apps - I don't think that's a option for me. I'm coming from a 3rd world country where the carrier doesn't offer the iPhone at all so I had to pay $1100 to get a unlocked one so I think it evens out in the end. I don't really have many cracked apps, just a few (navigation and stuff like that). I mean you can judge me all you want and I'm fine with that, I just don't see the point.

I guess I'll have to restore and update again. Should I wait for 6.1.2 or just update 6.1.1?

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

update to 6.1.1 and setup as new, leave the piracy apps and repo's alone and it should work out of the box.

15. stevelam macrumors 65816

boohoohoo 3rd world country and yet you could still afford to shell out $1100 for a phone? please.

16. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

As has been commented elsewhere on this forum already, the App Store update tab has been sluggish -- it has nothing to do with jailbreaking. You can quit the app and relaunch when it gets buggy.

17. blesio macrumors regular

And to top of that you can't afford for a $0.89 app or two?

18. d3v1l.cr0, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

d3v1l.cr0 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah wise guy. It's also my first iPhone in my life. Does that tell you something?

I don't know what's the big deal. I got like 40 apps, 5 of those are cracked and 35 are free.

Edit:
    So okay, I did a full restore and everything seems to be working fine. Now I'm wondering should I jailbreak or wait for 6.1.2? I only need intelliscreenX (which I payed for) and a few other tweaks (copic, dashboardX).

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you wait for 6.1.2 then the JB will be patched and you will not be able to JB and steal more apps.
    The weather will always not work after you install appsync just so you know.

20. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

Do you have any evidence that evasi0n exploits will be patched in 6.1.2?

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It's the AppSync app that does it everytime.

----------

Apple is rushing out this update to block the lockscreen bypass veunerability.
    We shall have to see, but my money is on they will not take the time in this update to patch them. Just as they did not do so with 6.1.1 and they had more time to do so.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No direct evidence but its possible.
    Either way if you want to be JB dont update right away to the newest firmware till you get the ok from the evasion team.

----------

True, that's possible.
    Hope they leave it alone just like 6.1.1 with the 4S.

23. d3v1l.cr0 thread starter macrumors member

Is that like a rule now? Are they working on a fix for the weather app? I mean I can live without it, I rarely ever use it.

The only thing I'm worried about is the app store updates thing. Do you guys think I'll have the same problem if I jailbreak again now?

24. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

when I first JB i had this problem and i dont use app sync. I had to restore and re jailbreak for it to start working again.

25. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

Yeah, I think most of us who need/want the Exchange bug and the dialer bypass bug squashed are holding our breath a little, hoping this next maintenance release from Apple isn't going to patch the exploits that evasi0n uses. But we won't really know for sure until 6.1.2 comes out.

And no doubt, I keep telling folks don't update until you hear that you can jailbreak that next release.