App Store Updates

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by jasnw, Oct 3, 2015.

1. jasnw macrumors 6502

Has anyone else had weirdness with iPhoto and Aperture in the App Store Updates panel? Right after I upgraded to El Capitan (from Mavericks) I saw that both iPhoto and Aperture icons were greyed out in /Applications. They did show up in the App Store Updates as available updates, but when I click on either of them I get a "This items is temporarily unavailable" tab (as in "reply hazy, ask again later). I was finally able to resurrect iPhoto by copying the app from a backup, but if I copy Aperture over the same way it won't work on El Capitan. Before copying from the backup I tried just deleting the icons in /Applications, but that still didn't get a download.

Has anyone been able to download either of these in El Capitan? And if not, why the heck do they show up as available updates?

2. yyzspotter macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem - I cannot seem to get rid of iPhoto as an update to install though, so it's a bit different.

I contacted support, but they said to Sign out of your account in the Store, reboot, and sign back in. didn't help.