App Store wish list

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Pagemakers, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

Why can I only send some apps in the App Store to my wish list?

2. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

3. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

It's not that. You try browsing about 10 apps. You can send only some of them to the wish list.

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

In my experience you cannot put free apps on the wish list. The reason is obvious.

5. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

I think you may be right!!! Thank you.

Shame you can't put free ones in there. It would be useful when researching which calendar app to replace the stock one for example ;)

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

There is a situation where the wish list is still useful for free apps - when it's over the cellular download limit of 100MB in iOS 7 or when you have almost used up your cellular data cap. I wish Apple will open up the list to free apps too.

7. DannyDrama macrumors regular

What exactly is the wishlist anyway? I know it's a noob question, but what's the use? If you wish to have an app.... download it perhaps?

8. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

No, Say you are researching which is the best calendar app for example. You may view half a dozen or more. Adding to the wish list makes your final selection much easier.

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I have over 60 apps on my wishlist. If I bought them all, it'd easily be $500 because there's the $0.99 apps, the $2.99 ones, and then the $20-50 ones.

I put them there so I can find them again and see if I really am still interested in them. Why invest into a bunch of $0.99 apps when you can get the biggest bang for your buck with the $49.99 one?

The problem with free apps is that they just take up space in your purchase history and you have to deal with hiding them just so your list doesn't take ages to load. So you don't want to download them all, just because of the hassle later on. I have over 2,000 on mine since I've been downloading apps since the store opened.

10. DannyDrama macrumors regular

Thanks for explaining that to me, it makes much more sense now. :)