App Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MrJoso5, May 22, 2011.

1. MrJoso5 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm debating to get an iPad over a new iPod and I am wondering if all the apps in the app store run on the iPad could someone please help me out.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes, all of the Apps in the AppStore work on the iPad (both iPhone and iPad apps), but Apps made for the iPad won't work on the iPod touch/iPhone.

If you have an App on your iPad that is meant for the iPhone/iPod touch, here is what it will look like. [​IMG]

You Do have the option to double the resolution.
    [​IMG]

But this is what an App that is made specifically for the iPad will look like.
    [​IMG]

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

All of the iPhone and iPod touch apps run on the iPad, but in a small window since they aren't really designed for that screen size.

Any app that you see with a "+" next to the price in the store is designed to run on both screen sizes natively. Sometimes they aren't combined into the same app for pricing reasons, so you'll see for example "Angry Birds" (for iPhones and iPods) and also "Angry Birds HD" (for iPads).