App stuck loading and no longer found in iTunes store - how do I delete it??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GREEN4U, Jan 3, 2011.

1. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I really need your help here. I started installing a game yesterday and it had trouble loading all the way up until now. Today it's still stuck on "loading," grayed out, and I haven't found any way of deleting it from my computer or phone.

Normally when this happens I'd go back into the iTunes App store and try to re-download to get it moving again. The problem is that I can't find it in the app store! Worse, I don't even remember it's name (because it won't say on my iphone - just says Loading or Paused) but it was a Top Free game app just yesterday and now I can't even find it in that list. (Is it possible the developers deleted it, now I'm stuck?? GRRR!!)

The app's icon is a picture of a girl with something that looks like red swiss cross, if that rings a bell to anyone (I attached a picture below). She is starting to scare me!

I don't want to restore my phone because it requires Restore and Update. I'm running 3.1.3 which I'm very happy with it. I know that iOS 4 will kill my battery (been there, done that). I just want to get rid of this stupid app! Please help me! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Have you tried resetting the phone? 2 ways....press and hold the top button until the swipe to power off shows up, then power off and restart. Or, a hard reset...press and hold the home and top buttons until the apple logo shows up (hold through the swipe to unlock screen). Either way should save your data but lose the scary girl :)

3. GREEN4U thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, but resetting doesn't get rid of it. I could leave it Paused but the annoying part is that it constantly asks for my iTunes password, and I keep having to choose cancel. Also, if I don't leave it paused, I'm guessing my battery is being killed by it trying to load, as I see that circular load icon in the top corner -- and I don't like that.

4. GREEN4U thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can somebody PLEASE help me out here?

1. How do I possibly get rid of the app?
    2. Does anybody have ANY IDEA what app this is? If I knew I would contact the developer and tell them to put it back on the store so I can reinstall/delete it.
    3. How do I make my phone stop asking for my iTunes password, since it wants to continue downloading the app??

Major thanks to anyone who can help. BTW, I can't even restore to 3.1.3 because apparently Apple isn't signing restores for old software anymore?!? GRRRRRRR.

5. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Don't know how to get rid of it but the app is broken sword: directors cut. Wa top free as given away in apples 12 days of Christmas app, will have gone back to being a paid app now.

When I had this happen to me I restated my phone and it cleared it.

Annonying maybe the best option would be to buy the app and finish the download, it really is a great game anyway!

6. GREEN4U thread starter macrumors 6502a

THANKS!! I must've started downloading it when it was free, never finished, so now it's stuck. I'd like to contact the developer to see what they can do for me. Does anyone know how to contact the developer or where to find their information?

7. GREEN4U thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great news guys,

The game finally finished downloading last night! Apparently it was loading the whole time but it was SOOO slow, I didn’t notice so I kept getting frustrated and pausing it.

The game (Broken Sword) is ok. It’s a murder mystery. I certainly wouldn’t want to have paid $5 for it, but it’s definitely worth it for free.

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

While that is happening you should be able to sync and have the app download via iTunes download which works better for big apps.

9. GREEN4U thread starter macrumors 6502a

Noted!

10. prestomusic macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Developer? Why not just use the 'report a problem' function for this kind of problem?